Absolute Maximum Ratings
1 Absolute Maximum Ratings
Table 1. 15Key parameters and their absolute maximum ratings
LM224 LM324 Unit
VCC Supply voltage
±16 or 32
Vi Input Voltage
-0.3 to Vcc + 0.3
Vid Differential Input Voltage (1)
-0.3 to Vcc + 0.3
Ptot N Suffix
Output Short-circuit Duration (2)
Input Current (3)
Toper Operating Free-air Temperature Range
-55 to +125 -40 to +105 0 to +70 °C
Tstg Storage Temperature Range
-65 to +150
Thermal Resistance Junction to Ambient
HBM: Human Body Model(4)
ESD MM: Machine Model(5)
CDM: Charged Device Model
1. Either or both input voltages must not exceed the magnitude of VCC+ or VCC-.
2. Short-circuits from the output to VCC can cause excessive heating if VCC > 15V. The maximum output current
is approximately 40mA independent of the magnitude of VCC. Destructive dissipation can result from
simultaneous short-circuit on all amplifiers.
3. This input current only exists when the voltage at any of the input leads is driven negative. It is due to the
collector-base junction of the input PNP transistor becoming forward biased and thereby acting as input diodes
clamps. In addition to this diode action, there is also NPN parasitic action on the IC chip. this transistor action
can cause the output voltages of the op-amps to go to the VCC voltage level (or to ground for a large overdrive)
for the time duration than an input is driven negative.
This is not destructive and normal output will set up again for input voltage higher than -0.3V.
4. Human body model, 100pF discharged through a 1.5kΩ resistor into pin of device.
5. Machine model ESD, a 200pF cap is charged to the specified voltage, then discharged directly into the IC with
no external series resistor (internal resistor < 5Ω), into pin to pin of device.