1N4565 thru 1N4584A-1 DO-7
6.4 Volt Temperature Compensated Zener
The popular 1N4565 thru 1N4584A-1 series of Zero-TC Reference Diodes
provides a selection of both 6.4 V nominal voltages and temperature
coefficients to as low as 0.0005%/oC for minimal voltage change with
temperature. Four different operating currents are available for selection at
0.5 mA, 1.0 mA, 2.00 mA, and 4.00 mA. These glass axial-leaded DO-7
reference diodes are internal-metallurgical-bonded and are also available in
JAN, JANTX, and JANTXV military qualifications. Microsemi also offers
numerous other Zener Reference Diode products for a variety of other
voltages up to 200 V.
IMPORTANT: For the most current data, consult MICROSEMI’s website: http://www.microsemi.com
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• JEDEC registered 1N4565 thru 1N4584 series .
• Reference voltage diodes of nominal 6.4 V +/- 5%
with tighter tolerance options available
• Temperature Coefficient range: 0.01%/oC to
• Zener Test Current selection range: 0.500 mA, 1.00
mA, 2.00 mA and 4.00 mA.
• Internal metallurgical bonded
• 1N4565 thru 1N4584 also have qualification to MIL-
PRF-19500/452 by adding the JAN, JANTX,
JANTXV, or JANS prefixes to part numbers a well as
the “-1” suffix; e.g. JANTX1N4574A-1, etc.
• Military surface mount equivalents also available in
DO-213AA by adding UR-1 suffix and the JAN,
JANTX, and JANTXV prefix, e.g.
JANTX1N4569AUR-1 (see separate data sheet)
• Also available in DO-35 package including military
qualifications up to JANTXV (see separate data
• Provides minimal voltage change over a broad
operating temperature range for instrumentation and
other circuit designs requiring a voltage reference
• Temperature coefficient selections available from
0.01%/ºC to 0.0005%/ºC
• Tight reference voltage tolerances available with
nominal value of 6.4 V by adding tolerance 1%, 2%,
3%, etc. after the part number for identification, e.g.
1N4569-2%, 1N4579A-1%, 1N4574A-1-1%, etc.
• Flexible axial-leaded mounting terminals
• Nonsensitive to ESD per MIL-STD-750 Method 1020
• Operating Temperatures: -65oC to +175oC
• Storage Temperatures: -65oC to +175oC
• DC Power Dissipation: 500 mW @ TL = 25oC with
maximum current IZM 70 mA. NOTE: For optimum
voltage-temperature stability, the operating test
current (IZT) should be as specified in the Electrical
Characteristics Table (power less than 30 mW)
• Solder Temperatures: 260oC for 10 s (max)
MECHANICAL AND PACKAGING
• CASE: Hermetically sealed glass case. DO-7 (DO-
• TERMINALS: Leads, tin-lead plated solderable per
MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
• MARKING: Part number and cathode band
• POLARITY: Reference diode to be operated with the
banded end positive with respect to the opposite end
• TAPE & REEL option: Standard per EIA-296 (add
“TR” suffix to part number)
• WEIGHT: 0.2 grams.
• See package dimensions on last page
10-27-2003 REV B
8700 E. Thomas Rd. PO Box 1390, Scottsdale, AZ 85252 USA, (480) 941-6300, Fax: (480) 947-1503