High Power GaAs SPDT Switch
DC - 2.0 GHz
• Positive Supply and Control Voltages
• 1 dB Compression Point: +36 dBm Typical, 8 V
• 3rd Order Intercept Point: +65 dBm Typical, 8 V
• Low Insertion Loss: 0.4 dB Typical
• Low Power Consumption: 100 µW
• Fast Switching Speed
• Lead-Free SOIC-8 Plastic Package
• 100% Matte Tin Plating over Copper
• Halogen-Free “Green” Mold Compound
• 260°C Re-flow Compatible
• RoHS* Compliant Version of SW-277
M/A-COM’s MASWSS0161 is a GaAs MMIC SPDT
switch in a lead free SOIC-8 lead surface mount
plastic package. The MASWSS0161 is ideally suited
for use where low power consumption is required.
Typical applications include transmit/receive
switching, switch matrices and switched filter banks
in systems such as radio and cellular equipment,
PCM, GPS, fiber optic modules, and other battery
powered radio equipment.
The MASWSS0161 is fabricated using a monolithic
GaAs MMIC using a mature 1 micron process. The
process features full chip passivation for increased
performance and reliability.
Ordering Information 1
1000 piece reel
1. Reference Application Note M513 for reel size information.
Truth Table 2
Condition of Switch
RF Common to Each RF Port
2. “0” = 0 to +0.2 V @ 20 μA maximum.
“1” = +5 V @ 20 μA typical to 10 V @ 500 μA maximum.
Pin No. Description Pin No.
RF Port 1 3
RF Port 2 3
3. External DC blocking capacitors required on all RF ports.
Absolute Maximum Ratings 4,5
Input Power - 0.5 - 2.0 GHz
5 V Control and Supply
8 V Control and Supply
10 V Control and Supply
-1 V ≤ VDD ≤ + 12 V
-1 V ≤ VC ≤ VDD + 0.2 V
-40°C to +85°C
Thermal Resistance 6
-65°C to +150°C
θjc = 87°C/W
4. Exceeding any one or combination of these limits may cause
permanent damage to this device.
5. M/A-COM does not recommend sustained operation near
these survivability limits.
6. Thermal resistance is given for TA = 25°C. TCASE is the
temperature of leads 1 and 4.
* Restrictions on Hazardous Substances, European Union Directive 2002/95/EC.
M/A-COM Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to make changes to the
• North America Tel: 800.366.2266 / Fax: 978.366.2266
product(s) or information contained herein without notice. M/A-COM makes
no warranty, representation or guarantee regarding the suitability of its
products for any particular purpose, nor does M/A-COM assume any liability
• Europe Tel: 44.1908.574.200 / Fax: 44.1908.574.300
• Asia/Pacific Tel: 81.44.844.8296 / Fax: 81.44.844.8298
whatsoever arising out of the use or application of any product(s) or
Visit www.macom.com for additional data sheets and product information.