The TSSP6P38 is a compact infrared detector module for proximity sensing application. It receives 38 kHz modulated signals and has a peak sensitivity of 940 nm.
The length of the detector’s output pulse varies in proportion to the amount of light reflected from the object being detected.
• Up to 2 m for proximity sensing
• Receives 38 kHz modulated signal
• 940 nm peak wavelength
• Photo detector and preamplifier in one package
• Low supply current
• Shielding against EMI
• Visible light is suppressed by IR filter
• Insensitive to supply voltage ripple and noise
• Material categorization: for definitions of compliance
please see www.vishay.com/doc?99912
• Object approach detection for activation of displays and
user consoles, signaling of alarms, etc.
• Simple gesture controls
• Differentiation of car arrival, static, car departure in
• Reflective sensors for toilet flush
• Navigational sensor for robotics