The TCNT2000 is a reflective sensor in a miniature SMD package. It has a compact construction where the emitting light source and the detector are arranged in the same plane. The operating infrared wavelength is 940 nm. The detector consists of a silicon phototransistor. The sensor analog output signal (photo current) is triggered by detection of reflected infrared light from a close by object.
The sensor has a built in daylight blocking filter, which greatly suppresses disturbing ambient light and therefore increases signal to noise ratio.
• Package type: SMD
• Detector type: phototransistor
• Dimensions (L x W x H in mm): 3.4 x 2.7 x 1.5
• Operating range within > 20 % relative collector
current: 0.2 mm to 5 mm
• Emitter wavelength: 940 nm
• Moisture sensitivity level (MSL): 3
• Material categorization: For definitions of compliance
please see www.vishay.com/doc?99912
• Position sensor
• Optical switch
• Optical encoder (e.g. disc and tape drives for DVD and/or
• Object detection (e.g. paper presence in printer and copy