BD4201FV is a battery backup IC. Switch that detect battery voltage and switch into back up power supply and 3-channel regulator are incorporated into a single chip. Current consumption is 15µA (Max.). This IC is perfect for portable appliances.
1) Low quiescent current Normal operation < 15.0µA Max. Backup mode < 2.1µA Max.
2) 3 high accurate voltage regulators
3) Low dropout voltage, and high accurate voltage detectors (CS, RESET)
4) Control circuit; Backup
5) Special sequence; For shifting to the backup mode. It need to make main battery over +Vdet1 once.
Portable video, Digital camera
The LT ®1239 is a micropower backup battery management system for portable computers and instrumentation. It contains two regulators for regulating the battery voltage and memory voltage and a comparator for switching between main power and backup power. The first regulator provides a constant voltage charge for the backup batteries and is adjustable from 3.75V up to 20V. An equalization amplifier combined with the first regulator provides precision charge equalization for a 2-cell lithium-ion system. A second regulator with 4.85V output providesaregulatedbackupbatteryvoltagetothememory when main power is lost. The second regulator also isolates the backup battery from the main 5V supply during normal operation when the memory is being powered by the 5V supply.
■ Micropower operation (IQ = 20μA)
■ Adjustable Regulator for battery Charging
■ 4.85V Regulator for battery Regulation
■ Cell voltage Equalization in 2-Cell Systems
■ Low-battery Detector Protects Lithium Cells
■ Comparator for Automatic Power Switching
■ Output Current Sensing
■ Current and Thermal Limiting
■ Reverse Output Protection
■ 16-Pin SO Package
■ Operates on 7V to 30V Input
■ Backup battery Management Systems for Portable Computers
■ Lithium-Ion Backup Systems
■ NiCd Backup Systems
The BA6129AF, BA6162, and BA6162F are reset ICs with a battery backup function, designed for equipment using SRAMs and other similar components. These ICs are configured of a reset signal and CS signal output unit and a power supply switching unit.
1) Equipped with battery backup function.
2) Equipped with both CS signals (CS and CSB) and Reset signals.
3) Low current dissipation when powered from battery.
4) Low voltage loss when powered from battery.
5) Smooth switching between power supply and battery.
Equipment using SRAMs (cards, cassettes, facsimile machines, copiers, word processors, personal computers, etc.)
The M41T00CAP is a Low-power serial real-time clock (RTC) with integral battery and crystal in ST’s 24-pin CAPHAT™ package. It includes a crystal controlled, 32.768 kHz oscillator and has a built-in power sense circuit which detects power failures and automatically switches to the backup battery when a power failure occurs.
■ Real-time clock (RTC) with backup battery integrated into package
■ Uses M41T00S enhanced RTC with precision switchover reference
■ 400 kHz I2C serial interface
■ Automatic switchover and deselect circuitry with fixed reference voltage
– VCC = 2.7 to 5.5 V operating voltage range
– 2.6 V (typ) power-fail deselect (switchover) threshold
■ Counters for seconds, minutes, hours, day, date, month, year and century
■ Software clock calibration
■ Low operating current of 300 µA
■ Oscillator stop detection
■ battery backup
■ Operating temperature of 0 to 70 °C
■ Self-contained battery and crystal in CAPHAT™ DIP package
■ RoHS compliant
– Lead-free second level interconnect
The MB3790 is designed to control power supplies to SRAM, logic IC, or other circuit devices and protects them against momentary power failures by using backup batteries. In addition to its function to supply the power to these devices, it has a function to switch the source of power to the primary or secondary backup battery when the power supply voltage drops beLow a predetermined level. Also, it outputs a reset signal when the power supply turns on or off or when a fault occurs in the power supply. Ideally designed as a single-chip IC for power supply control, the MB3790 consumes only a minimal current and comes in a thin-type package. Therefore, it is best suited for power supply control in memory cards and similar other devices.
• Input circuit current consumption when non-loaded: 50 µA [typ]
• Output drive current: 200 mA [max]
• Resistance between input and output: 0.5 ohms [typ]
• Input power-down detection level: 4.2 V ± 2.5 %
• On-chip power-on reset circuit
• Primary battery voltage-down detection levels: 2.65 V, 2.37 V
The MAX1612/MAX1613 manage the bridge battery (sometimes called a hot-swap or auxiliary battery) in portable systems such as notebook computers. They feature a step-up DC-DC converter that boosts 2-cell or 3-cell bridge-battery voltages up to the same level as the main battery. This voltage boosting technique reduces the number of cells otherwise required for a 6-cell plus diode-OR bridging scheme, reducing overall size and cost. Another key feature is a trickle-charge timer that minimizes battery damage caused by constant charging and eliminates trickle-charge current drain on the main battery once the bridge battery is topped off.
♦ Reduce battery Size and Cost
♦ Four Key Circuit Blocks
Adjustable Boost DC-DC Converter
NiCd/NiMH Trickle Charger
Always-On Linear Regulator (+28V Input)
♦ Low 18µA Quiescent Current
♦ Selectable Charging/Discharging Rates
♦ Preset Linear-Regulator voltage
♦ 4V to 28V Main Input voltage Range
♦ Internal Switch Boost Converter
♦ Small 16-Pin QSOP Package
Backup battery Applications
The MAX703/MAX704 microprocessor (μP) supervisory circuits reduce the complexity and number of components required for power-supply monitoring and battery control functions in μP systems. These devices significantly improve system reliability and accuracy compared to that obtained with separate ICs or discrete components.
The MAX703/MAX704 are available in 8-pin DIP and SO packages and provide four functions:
1) An active-Low reset during power-up, power-down, and
2) battery-backup switching for CMOS RAM, CMOS μPs,
or other Low-power logic circuitry.
3) A 1.25V threshold detector for power-fail warning,
Low-battery detection, or for monitoring a power supply
other than +5V.
4) An active-Low manual reset input.
The MAX703 and MAX704 differ only in their supplyvolt age monitor levels. The MAX703 generates a reset when the supply drops beLow 4.65V, while the MAX704 gener ates a reset beLow 4.40V.
● battery-Backup Power Switching
● Precision Supply-voltage Monitor
• 4.65V (MAX703)
• 4.40V (MAX704)
● 200ms Reset Pulse Width
● Debounced TTL/CMOS-Compatible Manual Reset
● 200μA Quiescent Current
● 50nA Quiescent Current in battery-Backup Mode
● voltage Monitor for Power-Fail or Low-battery
● 8-Pin DIP and SO Packages
● Guaranteed RESET Assertion to VCC = 1V
● Intelligent Instruments
● Critical μP Power Monitoring
ACT2801 is a space-saving and high-performance Low-profile single-chip solution for backup battery pack and standalone battery charger. ACT2801 integrates all the functions that a backup battery pack needs, including switching charger, boost converter and LED indication.
Dedicated Single Chip Solution for Mobile Power With Minimal Component Count
5V/1.5A Constant Output Current in Boost Mode
1.5A Switching Charger
Programmable 4.1V to 4.35V battery voltage
95% Boost Efficiency (Vbat=4.1V)
Adaptive to 10mA-2400mA Input Sources
battery Disconnection at Output Short
<10µA Low battery Leakage Current at HZ
Mode During Storage
Boost Auto Turn-off at No Load and Push Button Turn-on
battery Over Current, Over voltage, Over Temperature and Short Circuit Protections
Boost Auto Startup with Load Detection
The LTC®1558 is a backup battery controller that provides all the functions necessary to implement a backup power supply using a single NiCd cell. It includes a 1.2V boost converter, an intelligent 2-stage battery charger, auto matic backup switching and a microprocessor reset generator. The boost converter uses a synchronous switching architecture to achieve a typical efficiency of 70%, ensuring maximum backup lifetime from a small NiCd cell.
■ Complete battery Backup System in an SO-8, 16-Pin GN or SO Package
■ Generates Adjustable Backup voltage from a Single 1.2V NiCd Button Cell
■ Automatic Main Supply to Backup Switching
■ Minimum 100mW Output Power
■ Automatic Fast Recharge of NiCd battery
■ Programmable NiCd Trickle Charge Current
■ Smart NiCd Charger Minimizes Recharge Time and Maximizes System Efficiency After Backup
■ On-Chip Power-On Reset
■ Pushbutton Reset Input
■ Reset Assertion Guaranteed at VCC= 1V
■ Short-Circuit Protection
■ Thermal Limiting
■ Notebook Computers
■ Palmtop Computers/PDAs
■ Portable Instruments
■ battery-Powered Systems
Low Power RTC with battery ReSeal™ Function
The ISL12008 device is a Low power real time clock/calendar that is pin compatible and functionally equivalent to the ST M41T00S and Maxim DS1340 with timing and crystal compensation. The device additionally provides power-fail indicator, software alarm and intelligent battery backup.
• Pin Compatible to ST M41T00S and Maxim DS1340
• Functionality Equivalent to ST M41T00S and Maxim DS1340
• Real Time Clock/Calendar
- Tracks Time in Hours, Minutes, Seconds and Sub-seconds
- Day of the Week, Day, Month, and Year
• 512Hz Frequency Outputs for On-Chip Crystal Compensation
• Software Alarm
- Settable to the Second, Minute, Hour, Day of the Week, Day, or Month
• Automatic Low-Drop battery Switch for Longest Backup Life
• Power Failure Detection
• battery ReSeal™ for Long Shelf Life
• I2C Bus™
- 400kHz Data Transfer Rate
• 800nA battery Supply Current
• Small Package Option
- 8 Ld SOIC
• Pb-Free (RoHS Compliant)
• Utility Meters
• HVAC Equipment
• Audio/Video Components
• Set-Top Box/Television
• Network Routers, Hubs, Switches, Bridges
• Cellular Infrastructure Equipment
• Fixed Broadband Wireless Equipment
• POS Equipment
• Test Meters/Fixtures
• Office Automation (Copiers, Fax)
• Home Appliances
• Computer Products
• Other Industrial/Medical/Automotive