Appendix B: Troubleshooting
5. Push S1. SEG1 LED should be on indicating that
the bq2014 is properly powered.
If the EV2014x Main Menu does not appear after start- 6. If the LED is not on, check the battery voltage on
ing EV2014x, then communication to the bq2014 has not
pin 16 of the bq2014 to determine if it is above 3V
been established. Please check the following:
but below 6.5V.
1. Confirm the proper serial port is being used.
7. If the LED is on, and the EV2014x Main Menu still
2. Confirm the battery divider is properly set for the
number of cells in the battery pack.
does not appear, try using AP14 to establish com-
munication. Appendix A describes AP14.
8. If communication cannot be established using
3. Confirm JP5 and JP13 are properly set for either
AP14, the problem is either the RS-232 port in the
an external supply through LBAT+ (J1) or the mi-
PC or the EV2014x interface section. Please con-
tact Benchmarq if the interface section is not work-
4. Confirm the battery is attached between BAT+ and
ing properly on the EV2014x board.
BAT– (J1 and J2).