Inverter with open-drain output
• Wide supply voltage range from 1.65 to 5.5 V
• High noise immunity
• Complies with JEDEC standard:
– JESD8-7 (1.65 V to 1.95 V)
– JESD8-5 (2.3 V to 2.7 V)
– JESD8B/JESD36 (2.7 V to 3.6 V)
• ±24 mA output drive (VCC = 3.0 V)
• CMOS low power consumption
• Latch-up performance exceeds 250 mA
• Direct interface with TTL levels
• Inputs accept voltages up to 5 V
• Multiple package options
• ESD protection:
– HBM EIA/JESD22-A114-B exceeds 2000 V
– MM EIA/JESD22-A115-A exceeds 200 V.
• Specified from −40 °C to +85 °C and −40 °C to +125 °C.
The 74LVC1G06 is a high-performance, low-power,
low-voltage, Si-gate CMOS device, superior to most
advanced CMOS compatible TTL families.
Input can be driven from either 3.3 V or 5 V devices.
These features allow the use of these devices in a mixed
3.3 V and 5 V environment.
Schmitt trigger action at all inputs makes the circuit tolerant
for slower input rise and fall time.
This device is fully specified for partial power-down
applications using Ioff. The Ioff circuitry disables the output,
preventing the damaging backflow current through the
device when it is powered down.
The 74LVC1G06 provides the inverting buffer.
The output of the device is an open drain and can be
connected to other open-drain outputs to implement
active-LOW wired-OR or active-HIGH wired-AND
QUICK REFERENCE DATA
GND = 0 V; Tamb = 25 °C; tr = tf ≤ 2.5 ns.
tPHL/tPLH propagation delay inputs A to output Y
power dissipation capacitance per buffer
VCC = 1.8 V; CL = 30 pF; RL = 1 kΩ
VCC = 2.5 V; CL = 30 pF; RL = 500 Ω
VCC = 2.7 V; CL = 50 pF; RL = 500 Ω
VCC = 3.3 V; CL = 50 pF; RL = 500 Ω
VCC = 5.0 V; CL = 50 pF; RL = 500 Ω
VCC = 3.3 V; notes 1 and 2
1. CPD is used to determine the dynamic power dissipation (PD in µW).
PD = CPD × VCC2 × fi × N + Σ(CL × VCC2 × fo) where:
fi = input frequency in MHz;
fo = output frequency in MHz;
CL = output load capacitance in pF;
VCC = supply voltage in Volts;
N = total load switching outputs;
Σ(CL × VCC2 × fo) = sum of the outputs.
2. The condition is VI = GND to VCC.
2004 Sep 07