MDE Semiconductor, Inc.
78-150 Calle Tampico, Unit 210, La Quinta, CA., USA 92253 Tel : 760-564-8656 • Fax : 760-564-2414
1-800-831-4881 Email: email@example.com Web: www.mdesemiconductor.com
1N6267 to 1N6303 and 1.5KE SERIES
GLASS PASSIVATED JUNCTION TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR
VOLTAGE- 6.8 TO 440 Volts
1500 Watt Peak Power 5.0 Watt Steady State
• Plastic package has Underwriters Laboratory
Flammability Classification 94 V-O
• Glass passivated chip junction in Molded Plastic package
• 1500W surge capability at 1ms
• Excellent clamping capability
• Low zener inpedance
• Fast response time: typically less than
1.0 ps from 0 volts to BV min.
• Typical IR less than 1µA above 10V
• High temperature soldering guaranteed:
250°C/10 seconds/ .375", (9.5mm) lead
length, 5lbs., (2.3kg) tension
Case: JEDEC DO-201 Molded plastic
Terminals: Plated Axial leads, solderable per
MIL-STD-750, Method 2026
Polarity: Color band denoted positive end (cathode)
Mounting Position: Any
Weight: 0.045 ounces, 1.2 grams
DEVICES FOR BIPOLAR APPLICATIONS
For Bidirectional use C or CA Suffix for types 1.5KE6.80 thru types 1.5KE440 (e.g. 1.5KE6.8C, 1.5KE440CA)
Electrical characteristics apply in both directions.
MAXIMUM RATINGS AND CHARACTERISTICS
Ratings at 25°C ambient temperature unless otherwise specified.
Peak Pulse Power Dissipation at TA = 25 °C, TP = 1ms
Peak Pulse Current of on 10/1000 µs waveform (Note 1)
SEE TABLE 1
Steady State Power Dissipation at TL = 75°C
Lead lengths .375", 9.5mm (Note 2)
Peak Forward Surge Current, 8.3ms Single Half Sine-wave
Superimposed on Rated Load, (JEDEC Method)(Note 3)
Maximum instantaneous forward voltage at 100A for
unidirectional only(Note 4)
Operatings and Storage Temperature Range
1. Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig.3 and derated above Ta=25 °C per Fig.2.
2. Mounted on Copper Pad area of 0.8x0.8" (20x20mm) per Fig.5.
3. 8.3ms single half sine-wave, or equivalent square wave, Duty cycle=4 pulses per minutes maximum.
4. Vf=3.5V for 1.5KE220A & below; Vf=5.0 for 1.5KE250A & above
Certified RoHS Compliant
UL File # E223026