|ISL12022MA||Low Power RTC with Battery Backed SRAM, Integrated ±5ppm Temperature Compensation and Auto Daylight Saving|
|ISL12022MA Datasheet PDF : 29 Pages |
Low Power RTC with Battery Backed SRAM,
Integrated ±5ppm Temperature Compensation and
Auto Daylight Saving
The ISL12022MA device is a low power real time clock
(RTC) with an embedded temperature sensor and
crystal. Device functions include oscillator compensation,
clock/calendar, power fail and low battery monitors,
brownout indicator, one-time, periodic or polled alarms,
intelligent battery backup switching, Battery Reseal™
function and 128 bytes of battery-backed user SRAM.
The device is offered in a 20 Ld SOIC module that
contains the RTC and an embedded 32.768kHz quartz
crystal. The calibrated oscillator provides less than ±5ppm
drift over the full -40°C to +85°C temperature range.
The RTC tracks time with separate registers for hours,
minutes, and seconds. The calendar registers track date,
month, year and day of the week and are accurate
through 2099, with automatic leap year correction.
Daylight Savings time adjustment is done automatically,
using parameters entered by the user. Power fail and
battery monitors offer user-selectable trip levels. The
time stamp function records the time and date of
switchover from VDD to VBAT power, and also from VBAT
to VDD power.
The ISL12022MA features enhanced immunity to ESD
per the IEC61000-4-2 standard, and also provides
improved resistance to system leakage related to
• See TB484 “ISL12022MA Enhanced RTC Module”
• See AN1549 “Addressing Power Issues in Real Time
• Embedded 32.768kHz Quartz Crystal in the Package
• 20 Ld SOIC Package (for DFN version, refer to the
• On-chip Oscillator Temperature Compensation
• 10-bit Digital Temperature Sensor Output
• 15 Selectable Frequency Outputs
• Interrupt for Alarm or 15 Selectable Frequency
• Automatic Backup to Battery or Supercapacitor
• VDD and Battery Status Monitors
• Battery Reseal™ Function to Extend Battery Shelf Life
• Power Status Brownout Monitor
• Time Stamp for Battery Switchover
• 128 Bytes Battery-Backed User SRAM
• RoHS Compliant
• Utility Meters
• POS Equipment
• Printers and Copiers
• Digital Cameras
Typical Application Circuit
R1 R2 R3
10k 10k 10k
OSCILLATOR ERROR vs TEMPERATURE
VBAT = 5.5V
VDD = 2.7V
VDD = 3.3V
July 9, 2010
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Intersil (and design) is a registered trademark of Intersil Americas Inc.
I2C Bus is a registered trademark owned by NXP Semiconductors Netherlands, B.V.
Copyright Intersil Americas Inc. 2010. All Rights Reserved.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
|Direct download click here|
|Share Link :|