Table 8. TS68020 Addressing Modes (Continued)
1. Dn = Data Register, D0-D7.
2. An = Address Register, A0-A7.
3. d8, d16 = A twos-complement, or sign—extended displacement; added as part of the effective calculation; size is 8 (d8) or 16
(d16) bits; when omitted assemblers use a value of zero.
4. Xn = Address or data register used as an index register; form is Xn, SIZE*SCALE, where SIZE is.W or.L (indicates index
register size) and SCALE is 1, 2, 4, or 8 (index register is multiplied by SCALE); use of SIZE and/or SCALE is optional.
5. bd = A two-complement base displacement; when present, size can be 16- or 32-bit.
6. od = Outer displacement, added as part of effective address calculation after any memory indirection; use is optional with a
size of 16- or 32-bit.
7. PC = Program Counter.
8. (data) = Immediate value of 8, 16 or 32 bits.
9. () = Effective Address.
10. [ ] = Use as indirect address to long word address.