Only One Name Means ProTek’Tion™
figure 1 - USB Protection
Two PSR05LCs in a Common-Mode configuration. Circuit connectivity is as follows:
• Pins 2 and 3 are connected to the datalines
• Pin 1 is connected to ground
• Pin 4 is connected to the databus
circuit board recommendations
Circuit board layout is critical for electromagnetic compatibility protection. The following guidelines are recommended:
• The protection device should be placed near the input terminals or connectors, the device will divert the transient current
immediately before it can be coupled into the nearby traces.
• The path length between the TVS device and the protected line should be minimized.
• All conductive loops including power and ground loops should be minimized.
• The transient current return path to ground should be kept as short as possible to reduce parasitic inductance.
• Ground planes should be used whenever possible. For multilayer PCBs, use dedicated ground planes.