6-PIN DIP ZERO-CROSS
OPTOISOLATORS TRIAC DRIVER OUTPUT
(800 VOLT PEAK)
6 MAIN TERM.
4 MAIN TERM.
*DO NOT CONNECT
The MOC3081M, MOC3082M and MOC3083M devices consist of a GaAs infrared emitting diode optically coupled to a monolithic
silicon detector performing the function of a zero voltage crossing bilateral triac driver.
They are designed for use with a discrete power triac in the interface of logic systems to equipment powered from 240 VAC lines,
such as solid-state relays, industrial controls, motors, solenoids and consumer appliances, etc.
• Underwriters Laboratories (UL) recognized - ﬁle #E90700, Volume 2
• VDE recognized - ﬁle #102497 - add option V (e.g., MOC3083VM)
• Simpliﬁes logic control of 240 VAC power
• Zero voltage crossing
• dv/dt of 1500 V/µs typical, 600 V/µs guaranteed
• Compatible with Fairchild’s FKPF12N80 discrete power triac
• Solenoid/valve controls
• Lighting controls
• Static power switches
• AC motor drives
• Temperature controls
• E.M. contactors
• AC motor starters
• Solid state relays
© 2003 Fairchild Semiconductor Corporation
Page 1 of 11