|MC7808AC||THREE–TERMINAL POSITIVE FIXED VOLTAGE REGULATORS|
Motorola => Freescale
|MC7808AC Datasheet PDF : 16 Pages |
Order this document by MC7800/D
These voltage regulators are monolithic integrated circuits designed as
fixed–voltage regulators for a wide variety of applications including local,
on–card regulation. These regulators employ internal current limiting,
thermal shutdown, and safe–area compensation. With adequate heatsinking
they can deliver output currents in excess of 1.0 A. Although designed
primarily as a fixed voltage regulator, these devices can be used with
external components to obtain adjustable voltages and currents.
• Output Current in Excess of 1.0 A
• No External Components Required
• Internal Thermal Overload Protection
• Internal Short Circuit Current Limiting
• Output Transistor Safe–Area Compensation
• Output Voltage Offered in 2% and 4% Tolerance
• Available in Surface Mount D2PAK and Standard 3–Lead Transistor
• Previous Commercial Temperature Range has been Extended to a
Junction Temperature Range of –40°C to +125°C
DEVICE TYPE/NOMINAL OUTPUT VOLTAGE
connected to Pin 2.
Pin 1. Input
Heatsink surface (shown as terminal 4 in
case outline drawing) is connected to Pin 2.
TJ = –40° to +125°C
XX indicates nominal voltage.
MOTOROLA ANALOG IC DEVICE DATA
A common ground is required between the
input and the output voltages. The input voltage
must remain typically 2.0 V above the output
voltage even during the low point on the input
XX, These two digits of the type number
indicate nominal voltage.
* Cin is required if regulator is located an
appreciable distance from power supply
** CO is not needed for stability; however,
it does improve transient response. Values
of less than 0.1 µF could cause instability.
© Motorola, Inc. 1997
|Direct download click here|
|Share Link :|