Serial Interface Specifications Over the recommended operating conditions, unless otherwise specified. (Continued)
(Note 6) (Note 5) (Note 6) UNITS NOTES
SDA and SCL Pin Capacitance
TA = +25°C, f = 1MHz, VDD = 5V, VIN = 0V,
VOUT = 0V
Pulse Width Suppression Time at Any pulse narrower than the max spec is
SDA and SCL Inputs
SCL Falling Edge to SDA Output SCL falling edge crossing 30% of VDD, until
SDA exits the 30% to 70% of VDD window
Time the Bus Must Be Free Before SDA crossing 70% of VDD during a STOP
the Start of a New Transmission condition, to SDA crossing 70% of VDD
during the following START condition
Clock LOW Time
Clock HIGH Time
START Condition Setup Time
tHD:STA START Condition Hold Time
tSU:DAT Input Data Setup Time
tHD:DAT Input Data Hold Time
Measured at the 30% of VDD crossing
Measured at the 70% of VDD crossing
SCL rising edge to SDA falling edge. Both
crossing 70% of VDD
From SDA falling edge crossing 30% of VDD
to SCL falling edge crossing 70% of VDD
From SDA exiting the 30% to 70% of VDD
window, to SCL rising edge crossing 30% of
From SCL falling edge crossing 30% of VDD
to SDA entering the 30% to 70% of VDD
tSU:STO STOP Condition Setup Time
From SCL rising edge crossing 70% of VDD, 600
to SDA rising edge crossing 30% of VDD
tHD:STO STOP Condition Hold Time
From SDA rising edge to SCL falling edge
Both crossing 70% of VDD
Output Data Hold Time
From SCL falling edge crossing 30% of VDD,
until SDA enters the 30% to 70% of VDD
SDA and SCL Rise Time
From 30% to 70% of VDD
0.1 x Cb
SDA and SCL Fall Time
From 70% to 30% of VDD
0.1 x Cb
Capacitive Loading of SDA or SCL Total on-chip and off-chip
Rpu SDA and SCL Bus Pull-Up
Maximum is determined by tR and tF
For Cb = 400pF, max is about 2kΩ to ~2.5kΩ
For Cb = 40pF, max is about 15kΩ to ~20kΩ
2. IRQ and fOUT Inactive.
3. LPMODE = 0 (default).
4. In order to ensure proper timekeeping, the VDD SR- specification must be followed.
5. Typical values are for T = +25°C and 3.3V supply voltage.
6. Parameters with MIN and/or MAX limits are 100% tested at +25°C, unless otherwise specified. Temperature limits established by
characterization and are not production tested.
7. Limits should be considered typical and are not production tested.
8. These are I2C specific parameters and are not tested, however, they are used to set conditions for testing devices to validate
9. Parameters are for 10 Ld MSOP package only.
November 24, 2008