●Precaution for Mounting / Circuit board design
1) When a highly active halogenous (chlorine, bromine, etc.) flux is used, the residue of flux may negatively affect product
performance and reliability.
2) In principle, the reflow soldering method must be used; if flow soldering method is preferred, please consult with the
ROHM representative in advance.
For details, please refer to ROHM Mounting specification
●Precautions Regarding Application Examples and External Circuits
1) If change is made to the constant of an external circuit, please allow a sufficient margin considering variations of the
characteristics of the Products and external components, including transient characteristics, as well as static
2) You agree that application notes, reference designs, and associated data and information contained in this document
are presented only as guidance for Products use. Therefore, in case you use such information, you are solely
responsible for it and you must exercise your own independent verification and judgment in the use of such information
contained in this document. ROHM shall not be in any way responsible or liable for any damages, expenses or losses
incurred by you or third parties arising from the use of such information.
●Precaution for Electrostatic
This Product is electrostatic sensitive product, which may be damaged due to electrostatic discharge. Please take proper
caution in your manufacturing process and storage so that voltage exceeding the Products maximum rating will not be
applied to Products. Please take special care under dry condition (e.g. Grounding of human body / equipment / solder iron,
isolation from charged objects, setting of Ionizer, friction prevention and temperature / humidity control).
●Precaution for Storage / Transportation
1) Product performance and soldered connections may deteriorate if the Products are stored in the places where:
[a] the Products are exposed to sea winds or corrosive gases, including Cl2, H2S, NH3, SO2, and NO2
[b] the temperature or humidity exceeds those recommended by ROHM
[c] the Products are exposed to direct sunshine or condensation
[d] the Products are exposed to high Electrostatic
2) Even under ROHM recommended storage condition, solderability of products out of recommended storage time period
may be degraded. It is strongly recommended to confirm solderability before using Products of which storage time is
exceeding the recommended storage time period.
3) Store / transport cartons in the correct direction, which is indicated on a carton with a symbol. Otherwise bent leads
may occur due to excessive stress applied when dropping of a carton.
4) Use Products within the specified time after opening a humidity barrier bag. Baking is required before using Products of
which storage time is exceeding the recommended storage time period.
●Precaution for Product Label
QR code printed on ROHM Products label is for ROHM’s internal use only.
●Precaution for Disposition
When disposing Products please dispose them properly using an authorized industry waste company.
●Precaution for Foreign Exchange and Foreign Trade act
Since our Products might fall under controlled goods prescribed by the applicable foreign exchange and foreign trade act,
please consult with ROHM representative in case of export.
●Precaution Regarding Intellectual Property Rights
1) All information and data including but not limited to application example contained in this document is for reference
only. ROHM does not warrant that foregoing information or data will not infringe any intellectual property rights or any
other rights of any third party regarding such information or data. ROHM shall not be in any way responsible or liable
for infringement of any intellectual property rights or other damages arising from use of such information or data.:
2) No license, expressly or implied, is granted hereby under any intellectual property rights or other rights of ROHM or any
third parties with respect to the information contained in this document.
Notice - Rev.003
© 2012 ROHM Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.