CMOS single-chip 8-bit microcontrollers
DC ELECTRICAL CHARACTERISTICS
Tamb = 0°C to +70°C or –40°C to +85°C, VCC = 5V ±10%, VSS = 0V (87C52)
Tamb = 0°C to +70°C or –40°C to +85°C, VCC = 5V ±10%, VSS = 0V (80C32)
Input low voltage, except EA7
Input low voltage to EA7
Input high voltage, except XTAL1, RST7
Input high voltage, XTAL1, RST7
Output low voltage, ports 1, 2, 39
Output low voltage, port 0, ALE, PSEN9
Output high voltage, ports 1, 2, 3, ALE, PSEN3
IOL = 1.6mA2
IOL = 3.2mA2
IOH = –60µA,
IOH = –25µA
IOH = –10µA
Output high voltage (port 0 in external bus mode)
IOH = –800µA,
IOH = –300µA
IOH = –80µA
Logical 0 input current, ports 1, 2, 37
Logical 1-to-0 transition current, ports 1, 2, 37
VIN = 0.45V
See note 4
Input leakage current, port 0
VIN = VIL or VIH
Power supply current:7
Active mode @ 16MHz5
Idle mode @ 16MHz
Tamb = 0 to 70°C
Tamb = –40 to +85°C
See note 6
Internal reset pull-down resistor
1. Typical ratings are not guaranteed. The values listed are at room temperature, 5V.
2. Capacitive loading on ports 0 and 2 may cause spurious noise to be superimposed on the VOLs of ALE and ports 1 and 3. The noise is due
to external bus capacitance discharging into the port 0 and port 2 pins when these pins make 1-to-0 transitions during bus operations. In the
worst cases (capacitive loading > 100pF), the noise pulse on the ALE pin may exceed 0.8V. In such cases, it may be desirable to qualify
ALE with a Schmitt Trigger, or use an address latch with a Schmitt Trigger STROBE input. IOL can exceed these conditions provided that no
single output sinks more than 5mA and no more than two outputs exceed the test conditions.
3. Capacitive loading on ports 0 and 2 may cause the VOH on ALE and PSEN to momentarily fall below the 0.9VCC specification when the
address bits are stabilizing.
4. Pins of ports 1, 2 and 3 source a transition current when they are being externally driven from 1 to 0. The transition current reaches its
maximum value when VIN is approximately 2V.
5. ICCMAX at other frequencies is given by: Active mode: ICCMAX = 1.5 × FREQ + 8.0: Idle mode: ICCMAX = 0.14 × FREQ +2.31,
where FREQ is the external oscillator frequency in MHz. ICCMAX is given in mA. See Figure 12.
6. See Figures 13 through 16 for ICC test conditions.
7. These values apply only to Tamb = 0°C to +70°C. For Tamb = –40°C to +85°C, see table on previous page.
8. Load capacitance for port 0, ALE, and PSEN = 100pF, load capacitance for all other outputs = 80pF.
9. Under steady state (non-transient) conditions, IOL must be externally limited as follows:
Maximum IOL per port pin:
15mA (*NOTE: This is 85°C specification.)
Maximum IOL per 8-bit port:
Maximum total IOL for all outputs:
If IOL exceeds the test condition, VOL may exceed the related specification. Pins are not guaranteed to sink current greater than the listed
10. This limit is for plastic packages. For ceramic packages, the maximum limit is 20pF.
1996 Aug 16