SNLS285H – APRIL 2008 – REVISED MAY 2016
LMH0303 3-Gbps HD/SD SDI Cable Driver With Cable Detect
•1 Supports ST 424 (3G), 292 (HD), and 259 (SD)
• Data Rates up to 2.97 Gbps
• Supports DVB-ASI at 270 Mbps
• Cable Detect on Output
• Loss of Signal Detect at Input
• Output Driver Power-Down Control
• Typical Power Consumption: 130 mW in SD Mode
and 155 mW in HD Mode
• Typical Power Consumption of the Power-Save
Mode: 4 mW
• Single 3.3-V Supply Operation
• 75-Ω Single-Ended Outputs
• 100-Ω Differential Input
• Selectable Slew Rate
• Industrial Temperature Range: −40°C to 85°C
• 16-Pin WQFN Package
• Footprint Compatible With the LMH0302
• ST 424, ST 292, ST 344, and ST 259 Serial
• Digital Video Routers and Switches
• Distribution Amplifiers
The LMH0303 device is designed for use in ST 424,
ST 292, ST 344, and ST 259 serial digital video
applications. The LMH0303 drives 75-Ω transmission
lines (Belden 1694A, Belden 8281, or equivalent) at
data rates up to 2.97 Gbps.
The LMH0303 includes intelligent sensing capabilities
to improve system diagnostics. The cable detect
feature senses near-end termination to determine if a
cable is correctly attached to the output BNC. Input
loss of signal (LOS) detects the presence of a valid
signal at the input of the cable driver. These sensing
features may be used to alert the user of a system
fault and activate a deep power-save mode, reducing
the power consumption of the cable driver to 4 mW.
These features are accessible through an SMBus
The LMH0303 provides two selectable slew rates for
ST 259 and ST 424 or 292. The output amplitude is
adjustable ±10% in 5-mV steps through the SMBus.
The LMH0303 is powered from a single 3.3-V supply.
Power consumption is typically 130 mW in SD mode
and 155 mW in HD mode. The LMH0303 is available
in a 16-pin WQFN package.
BODY SIZE (NOM)
4.00 mm × 4.00 mm
(1) For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at
the end of the data sheet.
Typical Application Schematic
SDI Cable Driver
Copyright © 2016, Texas Instruments Incorporated
An IMPORTANT NOTICE at the end of this data sheet addresses availability, warranty, changes, use in safety-critical applications,
intellectual property matters and other important disclaimers. PRODUCTION DATA.