TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
3-to-8 Line Decoder
The TC74ACT138 is an advanced high speed CMOS 3-to-8
LINE DECODER fabricated with silicon gate and double-layer
metal wiring C2MOS technology.
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent
Bipolar Schottky TTL while maintaining the CMOS low power
This device may be used as a level converter for interfacing
TTL or NMOS to High Speed CMOS. The inputs are compatible
with TTL, NMOS and CMOS output voltage levels.
When the device is enabled, 3 Binary Select inputs (A, B and
C) determine which one of the outputs ( Y0 - Y7 ) will go low.
When enable input G1 is held low or either G2A or G2B is
held high, decoding function is inhibited and all outputs go high.
G1, G2A , and G2B inputs are provided to ease cascade
connection and for use as an address decoder for memory
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
discharge or transient excess voltage.
• High speed: tpd = 6.0 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 8 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• Compatible with TTL outputs: VIL = 0.8 V (max)
VIH = 2.0 V (min)
• Symmetrical output impedance: |IOH| = IOL = 24 mA (min)
Capability of driving 50 Ω
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Pin and function compatible with 74F138
Note: xxxFN (JEDEC SOP) is not available in
: 1.00 g (typ.)
: 0.18 g (typ.)
: 0.13 g (typ.)
: 0.06 g (typ.)