ADC0831-N, ADC0832-N, ADC0834-N, ADC0838-N
SNAS531B – AUGUST 1999 – REVISED MARCH 2013
ADC0831-N/ADC0832-N/ADC0834-N/ADC0838-N 8-Bit Serial I/O A/D Converters with
Check for Samples: ADC0831-N, ADC0832-N, ADC0834-N, ADC0838-N
•2 TI MICROWIRE Compatible—Direct Interface to
COPS Family Processors
• Easy Interface to All Microprocessors, or
• Operates Ratiometrically or with 5 VDC Voltage
• No Zero or Full-Scale Adjust Required
• 2-, 4- or 8-Channel Multiplexer Options with
• Shunt Regulator Allows Operation with High
• 0V to 5V Input Range with Single 5V Power
• Remote Operation with Serial Digital Data Link
• TTL/MOS Input/Output Compatible
• 0.3 in. Standard Width, 8-, 14- or 20-Pin PDIP
• 20 Pin PLCC Package (ADC0838-N Only)
• SOIC Package
• Resolution: 8 Bits
• Total Unadjusted Error: ±½ LSB and ±1 LSB
• Single Supply: 5 VDC
• Low Power: 15 mW
• Conversion Time: 32 μs
The ADC0831 series are 8-bit successive
approximation A/D converters with a serial I/O and
configurable input multiplexers with up to 8 channels.
The serial I/O is configured to comply with the TI
MICROWIRE serial data exchange standard for easy
interface to the COPS family of processors, and can
interface with standard shift registers or μPs.
The 2-, 4- or 8-channel multiplexers are software
configured for single-ended or differential inputs as
well as channel assignment.
The differential analog voltage input allows increasing
the common-mode rejection and offsetting the analog
zero input voltage value. In addition, the voltage
reference input can be adjusted to allow encoding
any smaller analog voltage span to the full 8 bits of
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of
Texas Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 1999–2013, Texas Instruments Incorporated