The APL1582 of high performance positive voltage regulators are designed for use in applications requiring very low dropout voltage at 3Amps .
The APL1582 can provide a output voltage at the range of 1.25V to 2.55V , where both 5V and 3.3V voltage supplies are available .
The superior dropout characteristics result in reduced heat dissipation compared to regular LDOs. The APL1582 also provides excellent regulation over line , load , and temperature variations.
Current limit is trimmed to ensure specified output current and controlled short-circuit current . On-chip thermal limiting provides protection against any combination of overload that would create excessive junction temperature .
The APL1582 is available in both the through-hole and surface mount versions of the industry standard 5-Pin TO-220, TO-252 and TO-263 power packages .
• 450mV typ. Dropout at 3A in dual power voltage mode
• Remote Sense Pin Available
• 2% Accuracy Over Temperature Range
• Build-in Over Temperature Protection
• Build-in Current Limit
• 5 Pin TO-220, TO-252 and TO-263 Packages
• No Supply Sequencing Problems in Dual Supply Mode
• Microprocessor Supplies
• Chip Set Supplies
• VGA Card Power
• LCD Monitor Power