The AL8807AEV3, Figure 1, is a double sided evaluation board for the AL8807A step-down, or ‘buck’, LED driver with internal switch. The evaluation board is preset to drive 1A into a single LED, or multiple LEDs, the maximum number of which depends on their total forward voltage drop and the supply voltage.
AL8807A DEVICE FEATURES
• Drives one or more series-connected LEDs
• LEDs up to 1A.
• Internal 40V switch.
• Wide input voltage: 6V to 36V.
• Inherent open circuit LED protection.
• Brightness control using a DC voltage.
• LED flashlights.
• High Power LED driving.
• Low-voltage halogen replacement LEDs.
• Automotive lighting.
• Illuminated signs.